For years now I thought I carried my age well. I was convinced that even though I was pushing that 40 envelope I could get by for early to maybe mid-30's. Really, I still envision myself as 25 but know I couldn't pass for that age anymore. Well, about 2 weeks ago I was in my office and a co-worker/now former friend informed me that she thought I was 44. What? How did I lose the last 6 years of my life? I am not in my 40's. Natalie was invited to leave my office and not return.Two days later I was at the optometrist. There was a young man (early to mid-20's) in the office and his cell-phone rang. His ring-tone was a Beatles song. His wife asked him why he had that song, he said something along the lines that it reminded him of his parents. He then turned to me and asked me if I knew that song? I told him I didn't. He was pretty certain I had heard it, because I am the same age as his parents. Um no, I don't think I am. Yeah, my parents started when they were young. They are 44. What? I am not that old!!! But how does that happen, twice in a few days time I get told I am 44. Seriously, what are the odds?
Oh, I am not done. Black Friday I am standing in line at Wal-Mart waiting to make my steal of a deal purchase. I am talking with the gentleman in front of me. On the other side of the checkout stands my mother, my brother Mike and his wife Ali. They wave at me--in a gesture telling me to hurry. The gentleman asked me: "Oh is that your wife?" My exact reply was: "NO! That is my mother! Either I look really old or she looks really young." He then looks over at my mom and then looked back at me "She carries her age well." I told him; "Nice recovery."
Still one more! Yes one more. That same day I was in the mall. My brother Mike and I walked up to my mother who was sitting on one of the benches. We talked to her for a minute and I then told her I was going to check a couple more stores. After we walked away, the lady sitting next to my mother asked her: "Is that your husband and son?" There was more to the conversation, but my mother did kindly correct her and tell her that we were both her sons.
Really? Is it possible? Am I finally looking older than I am? I certainly hope not, because I still feel young. I am going to believe that I am not a day over 30. That's my story and I am sticking to it.
7 comments:
Clinton honey you are deffinantely not a day over 33!!!! Don't let anyone tell you differently. I'll beat them for you if you need me to. But you might be more successful just hitting them with your walker! No in all seriousness you look great and age doesn't matter anyway we are all juvenile at heart!
with all my love
Cami
Well--I have to agree with the previous post..you do NOT look a day over 33--no WAY you look 44!!! All of those people were drinking for SURE!!!!
You really are old, don't let anyone tell you differently.
You crack me up friend. When are you going to see Australia and write a review? I'm curious what you think of it. Rick and I saw it and have different reviews.
I actually laughed out loud (lol) when I read this. I am sure that people are being deceived by your mothers youthful looks. I get that all the time when I have my grandkids. People think they are my kids. Then there are the people that think my husband is a lot older than me. Some of us women just carry our age well and it kills our kids. You better just learn to live with it. (lol again)
I can't believe I haven't read this before now. I am in tears laughing. I love you Mr. Painter...all 44 years of you!
heeheeheeeheeheeheee! I'm not laughing or anything. I think you still look young. But, this was funny to read.
Post a Comment