Apparently, I forgot to mention a change that has recently occurred in my life. As many of you might know, others might not, last year about this same time my brother Chris and I decided that we were going to purchase lots next to each other. We both put bids in on the property. During the discovery process, I had a gnawing feeling in the pit of my stomach. Something kept telling me this is not the right time. Well, I withdrew my offer and decided not to build a new house. (During the course of the last 12 months, there have been numerous reasons that help me to know I made the right decision.)
Chris continued with the purchase and the subsequent building of a house. He closed on his house the last week of March. About the same time he asked me if I wanted to move in with him. I figured that it was a good time for me to have a new place of residence. Over the course of the next couple of weeks, we slowly moved items into the house. I still stayed where I was at until one day I came home and found that Paul and Chris had moved my bed. I guess it is time for me to take residence in the new house.
Since that time I have been living in the lap of luxury. You see, Chris' schedule and mine tend to be different, therefore it is like living in my own new house. I am still in Nephi, but have moved 7 blocks South and 4 blocks East. To many of you in big towns, an 11 block move is not significant. But hey, I am now on the "East Side", which as with many cities and towns, is the high-end. (Right.)
My commute is not any closer, and not anymore convenient, but it has been a nice move. I feel a little more responsible and maybe even a little more gown-up.
No comments:
Post a Comment