Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hi...Hi...Hi

It had been a typical harried day at the FC. I stopped on my way home at the store to pick up a few items for the upcoming week. I had picked up all of my items and was on my way out. I took a turn on the produce aisle and I hear a "Hi". The greeting definitely came from a baby, but since I couldn't think of anyone with a baby that I would not at the store, I kept going on my way. Within moments I heard another very distinctive "Hi". The tone was a little louder, like she was trying to catch some one's attention. I still kept going on my way when a third time I heard "HI". The tone was definitely, "Hey I am talking to you." So, I looked to find the exact source of my greeting. I noticed a very cute little girl (Probably 12-18 months) and I replied with a "Hi" of my own. She giggled at me, replied with another "Hi" and gave me a very charming smile. Which of course brought a smile to my face and I thought, "You know, this isn't such a bad day after all."

Kind of strange how, something that lasted less time than it took you to read this blurb, totally turned my day around. Whatever the case, this was definitely the "Hi"-lite of my day.

2 comments:

Natalie Schafer said...

I love this story! Kids have magical powers don't they?

HeRoosSheRoos said...

Cute.