A couple of weeks ago Mike and Chase talked me into participating in Pole Canyon Archery Shoot. The first round was the fun shoot. Chase was a pretty good shot.
Mike had a decent aim.
That was the first round. The second round, aka The Smoker Round, which was for points, prizes, and prestige. We approached the first target and I was the last to shoot out of my group. I pulled up my bow and drew back. I adjust for what I assumed was the distance. As I lined up the pin I held my breath and slowly released. I watched the arrow take off and in an instant I hear a very unhappy sound. It was a thump as my arrow found the branch running down the side of the target. We walked up and I hoped I would be able to save my arrow. We dug the arrow out of the branch. However, during our efforts the tip of the arrow broke. I dug into my pocket, I knew I had an extra tip for just such an occasion. However, the insert had also remained in the tree and I knew I didn't have an extra insert in my pocket. Yep, just one arrow into the smoker round and I was done.
But my shot was pretty deadly! Notice the near perfect placement of the arrow with the red & yellow fletchings.
This was my first ever archery shoot. I am pretty certain it won't be my last. I had a good time with Mike and Chase and the hike wasn't that bad. Even though I wore shorts that day and some of the brush and fallen branches manages to scrape up my legs, it was worth it.
1 comment:
I'm shocked you hadn't done this before...sounds like an event right up your alley!
Post a Comment