I feel that it is my duty as an American and as an avid WW and a diabetic to share this public service announcement with all of you!
Many of you may know I am a man of routine. Because I generally do not take the time to cook a breakfast, I have fallen into the routine of yogurt and some kind of fruit. Lately my yogurt has been Oikos Greek Yogurt, which I have thoroughly enjoyed! The other day while in the store, I saw new flavor I thought would be interesting to try. It is the Honey flavored Greek Yogurt. I have to ad the disclaimer that I have never been a big fan of honey, because well honey is usually put with peanut butter. Not liking that crap, I have avoided honey as well. Until recently! My SIL Tracy informed me that local honey was a good way to reduce hay fever. Because it has seemed to in fact help, I have been randomly eating local honey. Oh and for those of you that have never tried a local honey, you must! It is delicious! DELICIOUS I TELL YOU! Sorry, where was I? Oh right, back to the Yogurt.
This morning I was very excited to try the new flavor. Sitting at my desk, I slowly pull back the tab--you must always be careful with yogurt, lest it spits yogurt all over your shirt. I look at the yogurt and think to myself, it looks like their Vanilla flavored yogurt. I stir the yogurt, anticipating the deliciousness that awaits. I dig the spoon into my recently stirred breakfast, I put a dab onto the spoon, careful to brush the excess off onto the side of the plastic dish. I take that first taste and well, it was not what I had hoped. As a matter-of-fact I had a strong dis-like for it. I thought, maybe it is just the first taste, it is different than what I expected maybe that is why I didn't like it. So, I swallow another smaller spoonful. Yep, it did not get any better as a matter of fact it was worse. I seriously gagged. I grabbed the diet coke sitting on the corner of my desk. Nope, that didn't wash the taste out of my mouth. Quickly I started peeling the banana that was meant to accompany my breakfast, not be all of it. Finally a little relief! Banana flavor is pretty strong and can cover up most other flavors, so I believe it was a wise move.
Next time you are in the store and you see the Oikos Greek Yogurt Honey flavor and you think to yourself: "That might not be too bad." Wrong! It is TOO BAD, just let it sit. Put your hands down and slowly back away from the cooler. I would say run, run fast screaming in the other direction, but that might cause too muck of a Ruckus in the store and you would probably not be invited back. Dannon needs to stop wasting time with this crap and spend more time making the good flavored ones, black cherry and blueberry. They are good and I always feel satisfied after enjoying them. You can all send your thanks and praise to me now, for saving you from this atrocity of life! (Although, I would prefer money. Tens and twenties work best.)

No comments:
Post a Comment