Sunday, January 12, 2014

Trade it Joe!

Several weeks ago, one of my good friends asked me if I had ever been to Trader Joe's,  I told her I had not ever been there and she told me I needed to try it out.  So, we have been trying to come up with a time when we were able to fit a shopping trip into both our schedules.  Finally, this past Friday, that day arrived.
We walked into the store and immediately, I was underwhelmed.  Despite being told that the store was not overly impressive, I guess I was still expecting more.  Then we started to walk through the store to see what they had.  I was advised that the products in the store were organic.  I looked around the store and realized that maybe 5 years ago, I would have called it Granola Cruncher Mart or something actually funny.  However, as I have been trying to de-process some of the foods I eat, I was able to appreciate the products available.  I don't know how often you have priced items foods that are "good for you" but it seems to me that they tend to generally be over-priced, dull and tasteless.  This was not the case at Trader Joe's.  I found the prices to be reasonable and their selection was actually rather vast, despite the smallish nature of the market.  If you are looking for less processed foods, or organic fruits and vegetables, I recommend you put on your khaki shorts and hiking boots and try Joe's.  You might even find something new that you didn't know you needed.

No comments: