- The 24th of July Holiday was a good time, as the family did a little camping. Yes, I cheated, I slept at home and would drive out in the morning to go on the 4-wheeler ride and other activities.
- Work has been extremely busy. I found out that I will no longer be the interim Director of Finance for the Southeast Region. Now we can just remove the word interim. :-) This change has meant working on budgets and attempting to help with budget presentations. In addition I am the Finance Lead for the newly formed Execution Practice. All of this is in addition to what I have currently been doing. I am not complaining, I am looking forward to the growth and learning that lies ahead of me.
- I have a new calling in my ward. Well, I guess it is the first calling I have had in the ward. Together with my neighbor we are the Co-Ward Mission Leaders. Initially this calling was overwhelming. But after meeting with the Bishop I feel better about my calling and look forward to what lies ahead.
- August is always the time of year when hunting starts. The Bow-Hunt is really one of my favorite hunts. Because you have to get closer to the game, you have to be quiet and it is through that quietness that I can really feel in-tune with the world around me.
- My hunting season came to an abrupt close this year, as it ended with a little accident. I rolled my 4-wheeler while loading it onto the trailer. Fortunately, my brothers were all with me and helped to ensure that I was going to be okay. After they convinced me to go to the emergency room, it was confirmed that, nothing was broken, just really bruised. After being sore for a few weeks I am finally all mended--with the except of the scratches--and almost back to my self.
- Oh football season has started. Need I say more?
Well, I think that catches you up on what has been happening.
2 comments:
Glad you are feeling better. I have been meaning to email you...but you know how things are around here!!!
pj
I'm glad you are ok-that is scary!
Post a Comment