Tuesday, August 5, 2014

My Maria...

Writing this post was something I was not going to do.  I mean, I didn't want anyone to think I was an old softy.  But, I finally decided that it is something I just needed to do.
This past weekend was a bit of a struggle for me, as I said goodbye to my furry little buddy Maria.  She had been getting noticeably more frail the last little while.  I took her in to see the vet and it wasn't a joyful visit.  But he did send me home with a prescription and we scheduled a follow-up appointment.  Saturday night I held her in my arms and gave her the antibiotic and laid her back down on her bed.  I told her good-bye as I was heading out for a couple hours.  Unfortunately, I didn't realize that my good-bye would be my last.  But rather focus on the sad, I choose to think of the happiness you brought into the Painter household.  You were a fierce protector, a yapper, a vacuum cleaner, and most importantly a loyal friend.  You brought many, many smiles to our family.  Thanks my friend!

No comments: