Friday, November 21, 2008

The Speaker's Bureau


I am wondering if the rumor had gone around that I had spoke over at Snow College a few weeks ago. Shortly after the posting the Young Women's President in my ward called to ask me if I would be willing to be the MC for their Young Woman Night of Excellence. Always willing to be the center of attention I of course accepted.
The theme for the evening was "Value County Fair". So, I had the opportunity to dress up in flannel. I don't think I wear nearly enough flannel. But then again, does anyone? I had the opportunity to start the show and was even able to tell a joke or two. Which of course was at the expense of my fellow bishopric members. (Who were all in attendance.)
The night was a huge success, not because of the MC, but because the YW in the ward are amazing. They are all extremely talented and have been very busy this last year. I am impressed with them and their talent and creativity. In addition to the showcase items, they had several different booths to visit to play games and of course learn a few things. I served in the Young Men for 3 years and I found myself thinking; why don't the YM have something like this. Then I remembered, oh yeah the YM are not very creative and if they do get creative it is usually something you don't want to put on display in the church. :-)
Congratulations young women! You have done a great job.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Sounds like you had a great time!