Sunday, June 12, 2011

Good Luck hat or not....

This little hat has found itself on the top of my shelf and has been my hat of choice the last little while. I like that it is a mesh hat so it is cool enough to wear in the heat, but it is still a good cover to keep me from burning the top of my head.

Not long after I bought this hat, I took it cruising with me. It was my hat of choice the day I made an effort to try kayaking. Due to my unfortunate skills at working a kayak, I found my way into the Caribbean Ocean. When I came to the surface my hat was floating away.

Last week as we took the boat out for our initial outing on Yuba Reservoir, when Mike put the hammer down my hat blew off my head and before I knew it, it was again floating away.

Yesterday, I thought I had managed to survive the trip without losing my hat in Fish Lake. I almost made it. We were loading the boat at the dock and I had bent over far enough to check if the boat, the hat dropped off my head. After a little fumbling (and bumbling) the hat once again found its way into the water.

Yep, this hat is pretty lucky to have found itself in a few different waters. Although, I truly think the lucky part was that I was able to recover it each time.

1 comment:

Natalie Schafer said...

That is actually way funny. I think if I was you I would probably quit wearing this particular hat when going near water...