Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Are you going?


This weekend is the opening of the new Narnia Movie--Prince Caspian. I will be there this weekend, yes I will be part of the millions of dollars spent on movies this weekend. The first movie actually blew me away. I was not anticipating that it was going to be such a great movie. I now have high expectations for Prince Caspian, I hope I don't have too much of a let down.
This leads me to the next poll question. Let me give you some background. When I went to see Iron Man, we made a stop at the dollar store and picked up some candy to take to the movie with us. I put the Dots (yes Dots) into the cargo pocket in my short pants and headed into the movie. Since that time I have oft wondered about the ethics of my behavior. But I really wanted those Dots and $3.75 for the same box I could get for $1.00 was just really not that appealing to me. Whatever you say will not influence my future behavior, I guess that I am just curious to see what other people think. Make your vote known!

5 comments:

Mama Mimi said...

My days of watching a movie in a theater are long gone! In fact, I do not even watch them on DVD anymore. H e double toothpicks - I cannot even stay awake for an 8:30 pm Jazz playoff game against the Lakers.

Let me know how the movie is.

Colton and Garrett said...

Well---Colton has been DYING to see this..but we will be in Yellowstone. But WILL be going next week-I can't wait. And no Dots for us--extra butter please!

Natalie Schafer said...

My girls had the option to go see this movie this weekend. They weren't even interested. As for sneaking in candy---there are SIX of us! You better believe I am carrying a diaper bag (Landon is now 4) with me, packed full of cheap snacks for my kids. It's the only way I can afford to take the fam to a movie!

Sandra said...

I hope you enjoyed the movie. My daughter and her husband were also among the hords of people attending on opening weekend. They absolutely loved it. Apparently my son-in-law read the Narnia books as a child and couldn't wait to see it. I haven't had a chance to see it yet, but I probably will over the long Memorial weekend, especially if all it does is rain. As for the candy thing, I have also wrestled with the ethics of buying food for a lesser price and taking it into a movie. It's right up there with having a friend burning a copy of a CD they own for me so I don't have to buy it. I know it is wrong, but I have gone ahead and done it. Ethically speaking (I took Personal Ethics at SLCC last semester) you can justify anything, but that doesn't make it right. It is a personal thing. So when I am feeling extremely guilty about doing it, I think to myself, WWCD (what would Clinton do) and I decide I better do the exact opposite or I may find myself burning in H E double toothpicks. However, with the Megaplex mentality, you can bring in food from the vendors they have at the complex and I haven't seen a sign that says "no outside food or drinks" so go for it.

... and one last thing "Have a nice day :)"

Lisa Miller said...

I admit. I do the same thing. Not sure it's right, but sometimes I'm a walking contradiction to myself. Was the movie good? I can't wait to see it.