Monday, July 7, 2008

Celebrating Independence

What can I say? I love my home town! I love the little celebration we have each year for the 4th of July. Sure, it is focused more towards the younger crowd, but it is a great event. There is a little carnival at our city park, the day starts with a Flag Raising Ceremony by the Boy Scouts, a big breakfast and then fun and games for the remainder of the day. Then officially "At Dusk" we have a 30 minute fireworks show. The entire family grabs blankets and pillows and we find our usual spot on the football field at good old Juab High School. We then watch the 30 minutes of fireworks. Is it a fancy show choreographed with music, no. But it is a long-standing family tradition. Over the years the location has moved, but the show still has been fun. I am attaching a little movie I took Friday night--I did add it to music--but only because I was testing my new video camera and the software. But hey, you can't fault me for adding a little Neil Diamond.

Lastly, I am grateful to live in this great country! Where Independence Day is more than just one day a year. And I am even more grateful for my friends, family, and the many others that I don't know, put their lives on the line on a regular basis to help ensure that freedom!

Thanks to all of you!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

I miss small town 4th of July celebrations! Nothing can beat them.

Colton and Garrett said...

LOVE the firework show!!! You are so clever!

Natalie Schafer said...

This is my favorite post of all! Love the fireworks!

Mary said...

Can't wait for the next movie review, love the pictures.

gwailow said...

God Bless America!