It is about 1:30 in the morning, the night before the annual Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Banquet. I should be in bed, because we start at 7:00 a.m. in the morning setting up and preparing for the day. The last couple of hours have been spent writing copy for program, me trying to detail some of the AMAZING artwork we have available this year. The 2009 banquet has been a bit of a worry to me this year, as I am Co-Chair with my good friend and neighbor Gary. Ticket sales are down a little bit right now compared to last year, so I am worried we will have too much food. The prizes we have are great, but we had to spend a little more ourselves, because of the budget restrictions by some our sponsors. There are probably still a hundred different things to get done and as I start to become idle, my mind starts to worry about 99 of them. Having said that; I am very excited about the banquet this year. We have put many, many, many, many hours of work into the preparation. I imagine in about 24 hours from now, I can start to relax as everything will be done.For those of you unfamiliar with the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, I encourage you to check out their web-site. http://www.rmef.org/ They are a great organization, that spends many hours promoting conservation.
Wish us luck for out banquet.
1 comment:
Good luck! I'm sure the banquet will be amazing.
Post a Comment