I have been trying to decide whether or not I wanted to post something or not. I ultimately decided that I would just make a short note. All in one day, we lost two icons of my youth.The first news I heard was of my first crush, Farrah Fawcett passing. Although, it was not ultimately a shock as she had been sick I still experienced sadness. Although, she was only one of Charlie's Angels for a single season, she was still my favorite angel.
Later that day as I was driving home my brother Mike sent me a text telling me of the news regarding the King of Pop. I quickly turned the radio to the news station to see if this was true. The first report I received said he was only in the hospital and had not passed. The next break I heard confirmed the awful truth. I might be making this a little more dramatic than it really was, but I do have to say I was a bit upset. I have never been a huge fan his music was a part of my youth. Every high school dance I attended played his music, I listened to his music while studying and I even wore a white glove in a ward road show.
The next day I still felt a little morose regarding the double dose of news I had received the day before. It shouldn't have bothered me as much and I couldn't decide why until I was talking with a friend of mine. She is the same age as me and I knew she would understand. My friend described to me that it was like a loss of our youth. Which was the exact feeling I had. It was like a little bit of what I had experienced in my life was gone. You might not experience or feel the same as me, but I just wanted to say a little something.
No comments:
Post a Comment