
First and foremost, let me get this out of the way. I am heavy footed, I generally speed all of the time. Which is why I feel pretty hyporcritical about the looming rant. I don't know if I am pot or kettle, either way I know. However, having said as much, I need to say the following: What is wrong with all the crazy dumb butt-heads that like to speed through school zones? Seriously, how could that 12 seconds people save going from place to place be anymore important than the potential loss of a human life? Especially that of a child!

The last several days I have been noticing an increase in this trend. We have an elementary school that is just a few blocks from where I work. I travel through a work zone and then a 20 mph school zone to get to get to the office. As I was saying, the last several days I have noticed people not paying attention to the flashing yellow lights, as they speed by me. Yes, shockingly enough I am going 20 mph. Within the last 2 weeks I have seen people nearly hit students and the crossing guard. This needs to stop! I know I am venting to the wrong people, because none of my friends would EVER speed through a school zone.
Maybe it is just me that could not live with myself if I were to cause injury or worse to a student on their way to school. The Best Valley police department has several different locations around that they set up their speed traps, I don't understand why they don't try one by the schools? Having said that, I want to tell you all thanks for letting me vent. I feel better and feel like I can get on with my day! Until the next rant....(which I am thinking is going to be "Bring Back the Courtesy Wave!")
1 comment:
This makes me so angry also! I see it all the time. I just think...what if it was your child, your grandchild, your nephew or niece...would you feel differently then?
Post a Comment