Dear 2010;
A few months ago we willingly welcomed you into our lives. You see, you had given us promises; you were no longer 2009 you said you would be better. Happiness would abound, all aspects of our lives would be better: more love, more joy and strong friendships.
The economy was supposed to be stronger, jobs should be back on track. Business would pick up for everyone. The Government was supposed to be stronger, unfortunately the U.S. Constitution is getting pretty thread-bare.
I think you even said that the weather was going to be better. Instead of better, we are just seeing the extremes, the cold is colder and the hot is hotter.
Based upon your promises, I planned my year. I made resolutions that I was going to keep. This was going to be the year of Clinton. I was getting in shape, (beside round, or pear or whatever this is.) I was going to be a better person, nicer, happier, and more fully enjoy my job and my life.
Instead of the promises you made; you have passed heart-break, tragedy, and sadness my way. You keep piling it on. I am waiting for a break in this down-pour, hoping maybe I can catch one and turn this year around. For months now I was holding out for some hope. But no, you have really exemplified the old adage, when it rains it pours.
Here is my ultimatum to you 2010, turn this around. Give a few breaks, pass out a little happiness, and maybe a little joy and goodness on the way. If not, we might have to turn you in for a bigger better model. I think 2002 was okay, maybe 1996? I definitely don't want to start planning for 2011, what if she turns out to be a big bust as well?
Respectfully yours.
See El Pain
3 comments:
Here's hoping for a second half comeback.
I believe camping this weekend is just what the Dr. ordered.
I would like know were are those places in the pictures
Post a Comment