On November 16, my niece Amber turned 16. I am still trying to figure out what has happened to the last 16 years. I know to her it probably seems like it has taken forever to get here, but to the rest of us, it has been pretty dang fast.
To celebrate we all made our way to Paul & Tracy's house, where Tracy had made us pizza. To all of us, it was pretty good, I think everyone commented on how long it has been since we have had homemade pizza. Mike made the comment that this pizza definitely put Little Caesar's 5 buck pizza to shame. (Well duh!) After pizza Paul and Tracy had also made some of the family famous Cookies 'N Cream Ice Cream. (yes, I think the WW was put to the side for that night.) Finally it was time to open presents. Which thanks to Poetry by Chase, was very entertaining. In addition to the Gift Cards she received, so she could do her own shopping, Amber also received lotion from Victoria's Secret, a Taylor Swift CD, flowers, and balloons. I think the evening turned out to be a pretty good one and hopefully one she will remember.
As most of you know, Amber was the first Grandchild and also the first girl born into our Painter family. So, of course she has always been a special person to all of us. Despite all of us doing our very best to spoil her rotten, she has turned out to be a great young person. So, I want to take this line to wish her a Very Happy 16th Birthday, Princess Angel Buttercup Barbie Sparkle!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment