Sunday, March 3, 2013

Birthday Weekend

I don't like Birthdays! Okay, maybe that is not entirely true.  It is not that I don't like birthdays, it is that I don't like MY Birthday.  I am not opposed to turning one year older, but I don't favor that attention that birthdays bring.  And I am not very good at accepting gifts.  I would much rather do things or give to other people than receiving anything myself.  But this weekend, that whole theory was blown out the window. 
Friday morning I had arrived at the office a little early and was working at my desk when my coworkers started walking in with armfuls of treats.  They had planned a luncheon for us in the office.  We had soup, salad, rolls and carrot cake.  I was caught off guard and was really grateful for my amazing coworkers thoughtfulness.
Saturday evening, I attended the NWTF Banquet.  This is similar in style and size to the RMEF Banquet that I have been serving with for a few years.  The emcee for the evening is the husband to one of my coworkers.  During the course of the banquet, I was walking near the front of the room, trying to decide which bucket to deposit my raffle tickets.  After a few moments, Bryan makes the following comment:  "For those of you that know Clint P, make certain you wish him a very Happy Birthday!  For those of you that don't know Clint, he is standing right here in the front.  Clint, raise your hand so everyone will know who you are."  After I turned 50 shades of red I noticed Bryan was still laughing and he asked me if I knew where that came from?  I assured him that I was confident I knew and that come Monday morning his dear sweet wife would pay dearly! 
Sunday we continued in the annual tradition of the birthday person selecting what we would eat for Sunday dinner.  After dinner my family spoiled me rotten by giving me just what I needed!  Despite receiving too much attention, I had such an awesome and fun weekend.  As everyone was preparing to leave, I had to get one more picture with Baby A.  I told her that since it was Birthday Weekend for both of us, we needed to take a picture together.  We took about 5 and my favorites were the first one and the last one.  I have included them both here, because I couldn't decide which one was better.  I do want to give a shout out and a great big Thank You!  To all of my friends and family that helped to make my day special! 


No comments: