Sunday, March 24, 2013

Can you?

"So, can you fit an entire cheeseburger in your mouth?"  I think the look I gave back must have said it all.  I replied with "What?"  My buddy Shane then proceeded to tell me that he could fit an entire McDonald's cheeseburger in his mouth.
 
Driving home Saturday, I looked at the cheeseburger sitting on the passenger seat next to me.  I hadn't thought about that for years.  But Saturday the memory vividly played out in my mind. 
 
We were standing in line at the Micky D's in Cedar City.  This was something that needed to not only be seen, but tried.  Both of us ordered the cheeseburger value meals and found a place to sit.  We talked about it a little more and Shane decided he was going to show me how it was done.  Mouth agape, I watched as Shane, rather effortlessly, fit the entire cheeseburger into his mouth.  Not to be outdone, I unwrapped my dinner.  I looked at it and thought to myself, this is really no big deal.  They are small, it can be done.  I know that many of you have thought in the past what a big mouth I have.  Well, I am here to tell you, my mouth is not THAT big.  It took some working and some thinking about the technique, but I finally managed to fit the entire cheeseburger into my mouth.  I am here to tell you, fitting the cheeseburger is not the hard part.  After washing everything down with a Dr. Pepper I told Shane that was much harder than expected.  During the course of the rest of our dinner conversation he mentioned to me that a cheeseburger was easy.  The real challenge is eating a Big Mac in 3 bites. 

I wonder if Shane has performed this trick for his children?  Or if his 3 teenage daughters would be mortified to know their father can A.)  do this trick or B.) actually told people about it?  Maybe I will have to ask him when I make my annual pilgrimage to pay him my yearly basketball losses.
 
Since that fateful day, I have been a circus sideshow and have pulled that trick out when things are a little dull.  I might have even shown that one a Canada road trip.  Warning:  It should only be shown in among the closest of friends and family.  After all, you don't people to think you are the bearded lady and can be paraded around at will.  Since I have now aged a little and attempt to be more mature, I think that trick is a thing of the past.  I do have only have one final comment; The Big Mac trick cannot be done.

1 comment:

Shane Lamb said...

My daughters are aware of the feat and my oldest daughter has a similar skill set. She can fit an entire cupcake in her piehole. She had performed this trick for a close friend, who got her to pull the trick out of the bag at her (my daughter's) 16th birthday party last summer. The boys were all amazed. Mostly because she weighs like 95 pounds.