Sunday, March 31, 2013

March 31, 1978

While I was reading getting ready to head to Mom & Dad's house for Easter dinner, it hit me like a ton of bricks.  Thirty-Five Years ago today, you were called back home.  The day dad sat me down and told me the news was the worst day yet of my young life.  To say the least I was devastated!  I had never before been exposed to death and to lose my incredible grandma was much more than I could handle.  On more than one occasion I barricaded myself into a bedroom and cried.  Many times in my youth I could not believe how unfair it was that you had gone so soon.  I was convinced that Heavenly Father had made a mistake and accidentally took you before your time.  One night I even had a dream that you pulled up in Grandpa's green Chevrolet pick-up and as you came through the door you said that you were back and that it had indeed been a mistake that took you from us (me). 
Clint & Grandma Williams Dec. 1975 (I Think)
You were days shy of your 67th birthday when you left us.  But in your short-life you accomplished so much.  You were one of the most caring, giving, and talented people I knew.  You were and independent hard working lady.  You taught me to wash up before I ate, you drug me to the bathroom and helped me scrub my elbows clean!  You let me eat drink hot cereal for breakfast out of a glass!  You took care of me when I was sick and you let me come to your house after school to play.  During the summers I would sit at your feet as you taught me how to snap beans.  And definitely the most important thing you did was raise your youngest daughter incredibly well!  I could not have asked for a more incredible and wonderful mother!  Thank you!


John Lloyd and Della Wilkey Williams Family
Looking back now, today I realize that your passing was truly instrumental in establishing my testimony of our Savior and His resurrection.  While your family prepared for your funeral, I was taught about death and the resurrection and how it is all part of our Heavenly Father's Plan.  This fundamental principal of the gospel has helped me time and time again.  I am very grateful for the gospel and the plan of salvation.  This Beautiful Easter Sunday has been a rather bitter-sweet day for me.  There are times when it still hurts that you left so long ago, but I am so grateful to know it is all part of a plan and that one day, we will all be able to be together again.  Love you Grandma!

No comments: