Monday, April 9, 2012

Potato Salad

No, I am calling my mom potato salad, but this story is about her, so I had to include a picture of her.

I am pretty certain my mother has never liked any potato salad she has ever made. Which I find funny, because we all like her potato salad, but she doesn't. Whenever she makes it, she always asks me to taste the sauce to make certain it is good. (Which most of the time it does.)

Well, apparently this is an inherited gene. Mom's sister Dorothy feels the same way about her potato salad. Which apparently has gotten bad enough she now has her daughter, Lorilyn make the potato salad for family events. Just so you know Lorilyn has also acquired this trait. Saturday while we were at our Easter Saturday Treasure Hunt and Hot Dog Burn, Lorilyn was making excuses for her potato salad. Which by the way tasted awesome!

Anyway, apparently that gene has also made its way down to yours truly. I made the potato salad for our Sunday dinner this week. Last night as I was preparing to go home, I headed into the kitchen to get the leftover potato salad. As I was walking I mentioned to mom that I didn't think my salad tasted very good today. She started laughing and said: "Oh I thought it was good and everyone else liked it." Yep, the potato salad worry has been passed down to me. "Potato Salad" is just a portion of the worry gene that has been passed my way. We "Williams" people worry about everything! But I am okay with it, because in addition to the worry gene, I am hoping to also receive the caring for other people, the honesty and integrity genes, as well as all the other good qualities I hope will one day be passed my way. Let's all keep our fingers crossed I get them one day. Maybe I will start worrying about not having them yet......or maybe I will just go eat some potato salad.

2 comments:

Natalie Schafer said...

This made me giggle. I think everyone worries about their potato salad. My mom does that too!

Natalie Schafer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.