Friday, March 18, 2011
New Recipe
Lately I have been craving Chinese food, but I have never really tried to cook any Chinese food before. I tend to just go out to eat instead. Finally, I started craving it enough, I sent a text to my friendly Chinese food expert. (Mike) I told him that I had some pork on hand and asked him what kind of food can I make with this. He called me back with a list of different dishes I could make. I finally decided on a Red Chili Beef, with Pork instead. This picture shows just a handful of the ingredients used.
In addition to the items shows above, there was celery, tomatoes, garlic, and spring onions. So, after about 30 minutes of slicing, dicing, and simmering in the wok, this is what I ended up with.
Yes, I ate it with a fork instead of Chop-Sticks. Only because I don't keep Chop-Sticks at my house. The dinner was pretty good and it was actually very easy to make. It is definitely worth another try. I was a little surprised at how strong the honey was in the recipe and despite the chili pepper it didn't pack much of a kick. I forgot to follow Mike's admonition, once the noodles were cooked, add them to a fry pan with a little sesame oil, just to give it a little different taste. Next time I will definitely do this. If anyone wants the recipe, send me a message and I will send it your way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That looks so good! Yes please send me the recipe! Bailey says I need to make it, but with chop-sticks on hand.
That looks soooooooooo yummy!!!
That looks sooo good!
Post a Comment